NuffnangX

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Hand-made Popiah!

Well, promised to blog about my 'popiahs' today. So yesterday, I woke up very early to prepare myself. I got a helper, who is actually my maid, to help me with the popiahs. xD

So, here's the ingredients. =)

Popiah's skin!  =)

Chicken floss.

Egg yolk.

I had to cut each popiah's skins to 4 small squares. A lil troublesome actually. Then I had to peel off the popiah's skins one by one.

Next, I had to roll the popiah's skin with chicken floss. I spent hours to do it, although my maid did help me with it. 

Popiah's with chicken floss. =)

After that, we were all done and what job was left is, to fry all of the popiahs. 

All done! =)
Popiahssssss !!!



Owh yea, I just helped my sister to edit her bloggieee template just now. So again, credit to Yummy Lolly for producing nice blogger templates! =)

Her header.


Sidebars.


23 comments:

  1. It's a couture popiah! (hand-made) huhu

    ReplyDelete
  2. My mum used to use those popiah skins to wrap seaweed and fried them :D

    ReplyDelete
  3. I can feel the vibe of CNY alrdy, can gimme some popiah ah? :P

    ReplyDelete
  4. hahaa ... u can sell it now :D haha

    ReplyDelete
  5. woots! too bad i can't eat those now :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. @hocan haha! u can feel the yummy too? xD

    ReplyDelete
  7. @hilda can can! CNY present for u! xD

    ReplyDelete
  8. @CK sell ar? haha! hmm, yea purple my fav! xD

    ReplyDelete
  9. @rei @isaac thx for ur comments! =)

    ReplyDelete
  10. that popiah is a must for CNY!! i always help my grandma folding it but the frying i leave it all the her.. hehee

    ReplyDelete
  11. @xing yea yea! haha! frying very oily rite? xD

    ReplyDelete
  12. OMG i love that! I love the one with dried prawns too! ;D

    ReplyDelete
  13. OMG Orange is your sister? Somehow, I always wanted to ask you in Innit if it's her and it's really her =D OMG! Cool :D

    AND POPIAH <3 Am gonna nom nom on them during cny =)

    ReplyDelete
  14. @yi han yea yea! i love seaweeds one too! =D

    ReplyDelete
  15. @lily yea! Orange is my sister =D i thought u alrdy know long time ago! xD haha! i give u some la =P

    ReplyDelete