NuffnangX

Monday, April 2, 2012

Decision made.

Back to my confusions for my degree course at Taylor's. I spent lots of time, thinking which major I should go for. Previously, I registered for a single major, which is Public Relation. Because I wasn't sure what's double major up for. After a long talk with my parents and Mr Winston who is my Programme Director at Taylor's, I decided to switch my single major to double major, which is Public Relation & Marketing.

Before that, I really made a decision to take Public Relation & Event Management, because I really like to plan, organize and handle events. But again, my parents are worried for my health condition. They wouldn't want me to stress myself out with health and study problems at the same time, which in turn might worsen my health condition. Event management, needs lot of sacrifices, in terms of time especially. I might have to work till midnight, I might not have enough of sleep, I might have a lot of stress from my boss when I starts to handle huge events, I might not have time for my family in future. All these stuffs need to be considerate. And this is why, I decided to give up my love, event management and picked up marketing, something totally new to me. They told me marketing is something similar to advertising, and I think I might love it. So hopefully, I made a right decision! =)

11 comments:

  1. PR is a very interesting line but lots of hard work & time consuming. U need to be prepared for that. Whatever it is, follow your heart :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, have to put a lot of commitments in it. Thanks for ur advice :)

      Delete
  2. Taylor is for rich people.. wish i can go.. sigh..

    Regards,
    http://www.lonelyreload.com (A Growing Teenager Diary) ..

    ReplyDelete
  3. all the best in ur future no matter which u choose my dear :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. let me tell you.. it does not matter what you choose for at the moment. I am sure your decision going to be wrong in later stage of life.

    this is not a pessimistic opinions.. but you just have to go for one.. and stick with it. what you want to do later is something else.. dont adapt the philosophy of grass is always greener on the other side..

    well.. gluck.. choose what your passion than what you like.. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks for ur advice tikky. i'll consider about it. =)

      Delete
  5. Sometimes, what you're study now, doesn't mean you'll work into what you're studying now. Sometimes, it'll not related at all. The more important follow your heart. ^^

    Latest: Birthday Post - XiXi

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yeahh,event management is really tiring. The ppl have to be at the event venue from morning till late night,it's fun but challenging too. No matter what,just take care,n have fun in studies! <3

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow PR ya. It's quite an interesting and useful segment.

    ReplyDelete