NuffnangX

Tuesday, February 28, 2012

My future seems?

Sigh, I had make a decision on what to pursue in my future. In other words, I know what I want to study for my degree. But, it seems like my family don't really like what I want - TO STUDY MASS COMMUNICATION. It seems like they want me to study something about Science, again. I tried to tell them what I want, and what I like, more. I like Science, and I like Arts at the same time. Its just that, I prefer Mass Communication MORE than Science. Thats why I chose Mass Communication for my degree. I know its not like some professional jobs like engineers, scientist or whatever it is, but I believe I'll enjoy it, I'll love it if Mass Communication is what I like.

Yes, my parents told me to follow my dream, to study what I like. I made my decision but in the end, they will start asking me whether I really want Mass Communication. Whenever they told me to re-think my decision, I'll get frustrated, sad. And slowly, my mind starts to switch from Arts back to Science, and from Science back to Arts, and finally I've no idea what I want. I just want to tell my family that, it is not necessary to study Science although my Science results are good. I have never study anything about Mass Communication yet, maybe I'll score better? Who knows? And yes, I wondered whether I'll like the components of Mass Communication, whether I can succeed in future. But, I'm ready to take this risk.

Gosh, what I want is just some understanding from my family. 

16 comments:

  1. Tell them Mass Comm is social science! Well, it is right? U deal with people so social science!
    Read and turn off word verification

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Sigh! I told them, maybe I need to try harder to convince them again :)

      Delete
  2. mm I wanted to take up mass comm too. but my dad told me its useless. :( so I planned to study law in the future. heh :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, my dad said the future of it is not good. =X wow! LAW eh? my bro taking that too :)

      Delete
  3. You must be in a tough position, not wanting to disappoint your parents yet wanting to fulfill your dreams at the same time. Anyways, all the best (:

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yeah, some times i really don't know what to do. thats why blogging is my only way to express my frustration. Thanks for ur wish anyway :)

      Delete
  4. if you enjoy socializing, mass comm is a better choice :) just allow your family some time before they can accept this perhaps

    Latest: Customizable Irish Sandwich

    ReplyDelete
  5. hmmm. well, is about reality and dream.
    you can never achieve both together.

    so my suggestion would be... do more research on what mass comm really is... make sure it is what u really want.. coz usually parents just concern about the future prospects, so make sure u know what you gonna do next time after graduate. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Before you can convince your parents, you need to be able to convince yourself. What is it about Mass Comm that fascinates you very much? Where do you plan to go from there? What do you think you'll be doing in 5-10 years time if you take this path?

    If you follow your parents' choice - Science. What can you be? Will it give you a job satisfaction? Will it be just a job or can it eventually be a career for you?

    Weigh them down and once you've got a crisp report, present them to your parents. Let them see how mature you are in handling this then maybe they'll realise that you are a big girl after all and this is YOUR life, your path...

    All the best!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I was in the midst of decisions about my studies, few years back (gawd I sound so old) Anyway, if you like Mass Comm go ahead and do it. That was my initial choice after i graduated, and my parents objected. Now I don't really enjoy what I'm doing, and I really envy my friends who are doing CM.

    Just talk to them and make them understand. In the end, you are the one who got to be in this profession as ur rice n bowl, not them.

    ReplyDelete
  8. thanks for ur advice, dear Henry, Merryn and Jessy! :) I'll think about it and talk to them! Really appreciate ur comments :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Well that's the same dilemma we all have. Good luck in choosing your field of study. Fortunately my parents don't have anything against me taking an arts subject.

    ReplyDelete
  10. For me, I think it's really better to study what we like or else, we will not be as motivated as we should have in study.

    ReplyDelete
  11. yeah, i agreed too! thanks for ur advices dear phillip and luporti! :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Study what you like , if you like to study Mass Communication , go for that course ! Few years back , i also in the same situation as you , i want to study mass communication , but my mum say i not suitable for that course , and she ask me to study construction management which is a science course and because my uncle and aunty study that too. I study construction management course 1 year , and i failed few subject , stress and i dont like it . So at last i switch back to study mass communicaton . I wasted 1 year . My mum understand and ask me to study what i like at last . So yeah , persuade and convince your mum to let you study mass communication . No point struggling to study a course that you dont like . Remember , is yout path , your life , and your decision . Go for mass communication if you really like and feel like study the course ya ! =D

    ReplyDelete